Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pollution, and their affects

This week has been extremely hot to still be winter here. It was 88/90 degrees. Which has felt great during the day! The only problem with it is in the winter it doesn't rain often, so the pollution in the city gets really bad. In the mornings as the sun comes up the sky is very pretty, but in a strange orange nuclear glow kind of way.


For a couple of days now we have had this little gray ladybug living in our apartment. Most people would have put him outside but I felt bad for him because he was gray. I thought that he was gray as a defect from living in a polluted city. But the Internet has proven me wrong! Their are over 5000 different species of ladybugs. This one is just happy in our house.

P.S. This isn't my picture. This one is better.
I also thought I would share one more ironic picture with you.

This isn't me just hating on the Hilton, although I say away from staying there (I'd rather not help expand Paris's shoe collection) But the contrast here is very common for Brazil. You can be in the nicest neighborhood and find the poorest right around the corner.

1 comment:

NoPermanentAddy said...

What an amazing picture. I love seeing the other side of the world! What part of Asia is a possibility? We will, more then likely, be back in the States in December; but hopefully not for good!!