Thursday, October 16, 2008

Italian Stallion


So to start off, my wife is a way better blogger than me. Sorry! Well it’s been a crazy couple weeks for me…but not without its perks. I got back last week from a 4 day trip to Italy to interview Kaka! He’s was named by FIFA as the best player of 2007, and by TIME magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world. Awesome! Kaka is a Christian and he’s sharing his story of how he chose to follow Christ on the programs that are airing in just three weeks.

So it was definitely awesome to head to Milan and meet him. He’s playing currently for the soccer team AC Milan, and also for the Brazilian national team.

And of course, if you’re traveling to Europe, you have to stop and smell the roses. On the way there in flew through Lisbon, but my flight was delayed so I missed my connection. As a result I had a 7 hour layover! But I definitely didn’t care, because I made the most of it by taking a bus to the city center. I toured historic Lisbon, a castle, and a 12th century cathedral! Inside the cathedral they also had excavated parts of a Roman road and sewer system dating back to the 1st century! Once again, awesome!

Once we got to Milan we did the interview on Friday. We spent about two hours with Kaka inside the San Siro Stadium in Milan, and inside the team’s dressing room. Very cool. Saturday we shot some video around Milan and got to see the city. Gorgeous cathedrals and another large castle are mixed in with the relatively commercial/business feel of the city. The streets and buildings are gorgeous, and I don’t think I’d mind living there!

2 comments:

Cameron's Blog said...

awesome Joe!! Italy is a country I want to go to soon. Sounds like you are having fun and seeing Christ in many people. God bless you in your continued ministry. Hope to see you and Melissa next time you are in High Point.

nan said...

Okay, okay --- your life is just incredible!!! I love Europe - especially Italy! I agree that I think I could live there!

Love you both and love what you are doing for God!

Hope to see u soon! Love and hugs,

Nan